Yep, deadlines are fast approaching!! But don’t worry, there’s still plenty of time to find a program and get on board.
The deadline for Summer Faculty-Led Program applications is December 1.
Summer Faculty-Led Programs are exactly what the name implies – a UT faculty member will teach the class(es) for the summer program in whichever location the program takes place. You can find out which professor(s) you’ll be traveling with by clicking the program link and looking under the ‘Faculty’ section. Other info such as costs, courses, duration, and deadlines can also be found by clicking the program name which will direct you to the program website.
You can also click one of the many links in this intro to check out all of these programs and get started. Also, come visit us at the UT International Office for a walk-in peer advising session M-F 9:00am – 5:00pm if you already have questions or just need some help narrowing down your options. And, if you’re really interested in learning more about a certain program, here are all of the remaining info sessions for Summer Faculty-Led Programs:
- Language, Diversity & Education at Casa Herrera in Antigua, Guatemala:
- Monday, Nov. 16 4 – 5 pm SZB 284
- Evolution: An International and Cultural Perspective in Seville, Spain:
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 6 – 7 pm MAI 220F
- Climate Change, Ecosystems & Human Dynamics in Botswana:
- Monday, Nov. 16 12 – 1 pm CLA 1.102
- Language, Culture and Engineering in Santander, Spain:
- Thursday, Nov. 12 4 – 5 pm RLM 7.116
- Language & Culture in Santander, Spain:
- Wednesday, Nov 11 4 – 5 pm BUR 224
- Language & Culture in Salvador, Brazil:
- Wednesday, Nov 18 4 – 5 pm PAR 101
- Global Health in Heredia, Costa Rica:
- Monday Nov.9 12 – 1 pm NUR 3.156
- Global Health in Oaxaca, Mexico:
- Friday, Nov. 20 12 – 1 pm SSW 2.118
These programs are unique to say the least. Many students comment not only on the experience they have, but on the personal relationships they form with the professor(s) along the way. Here’s a blog from one of our very own Peer Advisors (Faith Izuegbu) who went to Cape Town, South Africa for a Maymester, which are also faculty-led. Check it out if you want to hear about Faith’s amazing experience in a faculty-led program.
Alright, we hope to see you at an info session or in the office soon! And remember: the deadline for these Summer Faculty-Led Programs is December 1.